Hello! I began a trip around the world in June 2019 after 3 years of saving up. I cut the trip short due to borders getting closed everywhere during the pandemic. I run a travel blog called Big Tiny World Travel, where I share tips on traveling full time and travel stories. Business aside, I love travel and the things I've learned about the world from my experience. Some of my favorite places are Japan, Croatia, and Turkey......although Namibia is an unforgettable place. The most important thing travel has taught me is that travel is more about the people you meet than any landmark or landscape. The human connection with different cultures and personalities is what I crave most with travel. I hope to connect and learn from other travelers here, and make new friends locally in my home city of Portland. See you soon! bigtinyworld.com/
- Reason for joining
- To collaborate with and inspire like minded travelers.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Credit card points. Put rent, and everything else on them before starting a trip to pay for those long-haul flights.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Japan, because it is so wildly different than everywhere I've been and I'm an anime nerd.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A Funicular! I still need to get to SE Asia and try a Tuk Tuk.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- For a world trip, months. For a vacation, a week.