About meHey, guys! I’m Adam. Traveling has been my passion ever since I stepped foot overseas for the first time back in 2013. This trip forever changed me for the better and turned many of my world views & paradigms on life upside-down.
Please join me on this exciting adventure, and I’ll show you how to travel the right way and make friendships & connections that will last a lifetime. And perhaps even find the love of your life along the way like I did.
I have lived in Taiwan, married a Taiwanese woman, driven through a category 5 typhoon, suffered terrible food poisoning in the Philippines, and been bitten by a deer in Japan.
“Close yourself off to the world, and you will find every reason to hate it, but approach the world with an open mind and a good heart, and you’ll realize we’re all in this together.”
- Reason for joining
- I have been following Matt's other site for many years and really respect what he stands for.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- My best travel tip to get the most out of your experience is to simply respect the local culture. By making an effort, whether it be through learning language, researching history, or trying to understand their way of life, it is so easy to make friends.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Since the majority of my time so far has been spent in Asia, I would love to travel all throughout Europe from one end to the other. So far, I have only been to Italy, and it was absolutely amazing!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I really love the high speed rail bullet trains found in Asia in places like Taiwan & Japan.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Honestly, I've gotten packing down to a science, so I generally do everything the night before!