Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meOur dream is to retire young(ish), and travel the world part time. I love everything about travel - the adventure, meeting new people, the architecture, culture, and trying new foods. Even when you get lost, sweaty (so sweaty), and feel fearful of being run over by a moped on a crazy street...nothing makes you feel so alive like traveling. There are not too many places I would not be up to see. Major places I have visited are California and Florida (US), and Jamaica, Mexico, and Thailand worldwide. So, so many places yet to see. I hope to learn a lot from the community on how to make this happen!
- Reason for joining
- I joined the new Madison meet up - a blast! I hope this is only the start of my travel; Nomadic Network has great tips.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Lovely California, 8th grade (the first time). Disney, Hearst Castle, and Monterrey? Yes!
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- I pack thin thermalwear and scarves in case the temperature dips down. I've worn t-shirts and snow boots on the same trip. You never know.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Costa Rica, Italy and Greece are near the top of the list. Gorgeous natural beauty, rich cultures, and of course...food. But I'm game for just about anywhere.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- In Thailand, back of a pick-up truck seems like the preferred mode of transportation in many places. It allows for people hanging off the back if there's too many riders.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Planning is half the fun (yes, I'm a freak like that)! A month. I toss things in the suitcase as I go, or wash or buy them. Then I don't worry about forgetting things as much.