Blaine Bonham is a seasoned 30+-year travel photographer with worldwide experience from Cuba to Myanmar to Laos and a particular focus on India and Southeast Asia. His work features fascinating, culturally atypical points of view and photos. Earlier in life, Blaine enjoyed national standing as a non-profit leader and environmental activist. His approach and character allow him to see countries and people with special empathy and a critical architectural eye. Large archives of travel and street photography with extensive journals are available to view on his easy-to-navigate website: www.blainebonhamphoto.com
- Reason for joining
- Discover new places to visit, get tips from other veteran travelers
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Accumulate mileage through researching credit cards with the best deals so I can upgrade to business class for trips over 8 hours.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- The Stans/Silk Road -- next big adventure. Fabled, exotic places, exposing myself to new and different cultures
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Oxcart to tour Kanadukistan in Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu, India.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!