About meI am Cathy Fulton and I became a world nomad beginning in June 2017. Traveling has become a way of life for me. Except for the fact that I am a citizen of the United States, I don’t have a residence. I am semi-retired. I travel solo and independently.
I embrace slow Thematic Travel in order to meet and spend times with locals who share my passions about the fiber arts, food, and hiking.
My goal is to travel cheaply so that it is financially sustainable for me. This means that hostel dorm rooms and small guest houses are usually my temporary homes.
- Reason for joining
- I want to join because I would like to meet other travelers and learn more about networking and ways to travel that I have not yet thought of.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Does there have to be only one? I have loved traveling for more than 50 years!
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Find lodging with a kitchen and prepare many of your own meals. Save your money to really enjoy the special cuisine of the region.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Scotland, because the people are SOOO friendly, there are lots of knitters and spinners, and the hiking possibilities are endless!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A private fisherman's boat between Greek islands on a night with a full moon!
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A couple weeks before I start packing in earnest. But for long trips I begin researching what to take months in advance.