1 | Follower 5 | Events
About meI am a lifelong traveler. As a military brat, we used to do road trips all the time to see family that was spread out across the U.S. In high school, I took my first international trip alone to France and officially caught the international bug. After college, I spent 3 months backpacking around Western Europe with my future husband and a couple of friends. Later, my career as an airline strategy and business consultant took me all over the world to consult with the world's largest commercial airlines. During that time, I took a one-year sabbatical with my husband to travel the world. We went to 22 countries in 366 days. Currently, I am working on starting my own travel service business and blog, destinedglobetrotter.com.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I can't remember any particular city because every trip has always left my energized and confirmed my love for travel.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Go places where the U.S. dollar is strong against the other currency. Also, the most popular places are often too busy for me unless it's shoulder season. Plan accordingly and be open to new places.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Churchill, Manitoba to see the polar bears or Antartica.I love wildlife and I've done Galapagos and safaris, so I am ready for a new adventure.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Paragliding in Switzerland was pretty crazy. Who decided running off of a mountain was a good idea? It was awesome though.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends on location and length of trip but not too far in advance. I think about it in case I need to buy something but otherwise, I'm a rather fast packer.