2 | Events
About meHello! My name is Andrew. I’m originally from St. Louis, and graduated from GW in 2017. For my day job, I’m a researcher at a public affairs firm in Alexandria. I’ve been hooked on traveling since I studied abroad in Germany in 2015. Currently looking for ideas for my next trip!
- Reason for joining
- I’m looking to make friends in the DC area who want to travel. I’ve enjoyed traveling solo but would like to try extensive travel with someone else.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I loved Rome when I visited in 2015.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- What’s worked great for me is balancing eating out and cooking in. You can save a lot by cooking every other meal.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I’m currently looking into North Africa. Would love to do a route from Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Usually pretty safe with transportation.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Hopefully at least the day before!