About meCiao! I'm Asia Dawn Simonelli, a Relationship Coach & California girl living la dolce vita in Italy. After my divorce at 32, I bought a one-way ticket to Ecuador and life hasn't been the same since. I backpacked for one year before arriving in Mexico City, where I called home for 3 years. Ready for another change, my American/Italian dual citizenship allowed me to move to Italy in the middle of the pandemic. I now call Rome home, and think it's one of the most magical cities on earth.
- Reason for joining
- To connect with other global citizens and world travelers!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Colombia. I spent nine weeks there on my first solo backpacking trip and know it in and out.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Be open to less traditional modes of transport. If you have time, you can spend way less.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I'd visit Antarctica...the final continent on my list! My uncle ran a marathon there, and I must say that sounds pretty impressive.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A 21 hour cargo ship in Colombia with 3 tiered bunk beds. While I love a good adventure, I don't exactly recommend it...We returned on a 7 hour speed boat (which wasn't exactly comfortable either!)
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- It depends on the trip! I've been known to leave it to the very last minute.