About meBrianne Miers is a Boston-based travel content creator and freelance writer who’s determined to show that it’s possible to balance a full-time job with a life of travel.
By day, she helps nonprofits tell their powerful stories, and on nights, weekends and days off, she’s on the hunt for local, unique and sustainable experiences in New England and beyond to share on her blog, A Traveling Life.
She’s contributed to Immersion Travel Magazine and Ethical Traveler, as well as many other online publications and blogs, and collaborated with numerous international brands and various CVBs, hotels and tour companies. In Winter 2015, she served as social media manager for the Rickshaw Challenge and India's Cup adventure races in southern India.
Brianne is an active member of the Impact Travel Alliance Media Network, the Co-Lead of the Travel Massive Boston chapter, and has served as a brand ambassador for several organizations and companies.
She has spoken at the New York Travel Festival, Nomad Cruise and the Women in Travel Summit (WITS Milwaukee), as well as at several events at Hostelling International USA locations, and has been quoted as a travel industry expert in national publications.
- Reason for joining
- I'm always looking to connect with other travelers
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I visited China with my family when I was 11, and that experience inspired my future travels for sure.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- It's hostels all the way for me... I choose private rooms.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Antartica... It would be my 7th continent.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I traveled through much of southern India by auto rickshaw.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I start early, then I'm always "editing" up until the very last minute.