1 | Event
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Dingle, Ireland. Pete McCarthy's memoir "McCarthy's Bar" had become my de facto travel guide, and I had to squeeze in a trip to see "Fungie the Dingle Dolphin" at his advice. Wound up on a fishing boat with locals. Pure magic.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Research arts & entertainment events in advance, and sign up to volunteer. Free admission, give back, and meet some locals. Win/win/win.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would take my love of both literary icons and long-distance train travel to the next level with a journey on the Orient Express.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Hitching a ride with a kindly ferry captain in his car when high winds left the boat docked. He took pity on me and agreed to drive to my destination, so long as he was home in time for dinner with the missus!
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Tends to always be the night before, around 3am, with refrains of "I'll sleep on the plane/train/bus" echoing (erroneously) through my mind.