About meHI! I'm excited to join this group and share information. I am American and grew up in the US, Spain, and France. I lived abroad for over eight years, mostly in Spain and France. Learning languages is a love of mine. I speak English (mother tongue), Spanish, and French fluently, but am always dipping into other languages to study as I travel; Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Danish... Many years ago I traveled around the world on a bicycle and have just finished writing a book about that experience.
- Reason for joining
- To connect with other avid travelers.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Spain - the first country I lived in abroad when I was ten.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Travel with miles. Use a credit card that gets you miles and travel off peak.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- France - I speak the language and understand the culture.There is so much to explore in the countryside. Also, I would go back to Cuba. I loved being able to talk to people when I was there because I speak Spanish and people were eager to connect.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Donkey on the island of Lamu, Kenya.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- My bag is always ready! I start throwing things in as I think of them months ahead. But the final packing is a week in advance. I have done a day, but it was too stressful.