About meCarmela is the Executive Director of FLYTE, Nomadic Matt’s non-profit org. She’s also a long term traveler, non-profit consultant, data enthusiast, remote worker, and self-proclaimed chocolate chip cookie connoisseur. Since 2012, she’s been intentionally creating a life that combines her love for youth empowerment, travel, and social impact.
- Reason for joining
- I love travel, TNN, and Erica!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Use point bonuses on credit cards for free flights
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Socotra – I want to see the nature IRL
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- hitch-hiking in the back of pick up trucks
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Day before