About meDaughter, sister, friend, wife, mom of 3 young adult kids, international educator, connector, lifelong learner, traveler, author, blogger, creator, translator/interpreter (Japanese/English), fitness devotee, gardener, outdoor explorer, dark chocolate aficionado, and lover of life! Committed to rising up again when knocked down and going the distance, whatever that means 🙂.
(That's my three kids + daughter-in-law with me in Firenze, Italy ⬆️a few years back. Our fam has expanded since then!)
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Visit with nationals of the country if possible as they provide you a valuable window into the culture.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Slow travel around all of Europe to better explore my roots in Italy, Germany and the Czech Republic.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Dog sled in Alaska
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends upon length of trip/location. Usually a week to a few days, but the last hour+ is always crazy too!