About meBorn in Los Angeles, I spent most of my summers in the mountains of Idaho, where I learned to hunt, fish, forage and fix cars from my great grandfather.
I fell in love with traveling while studying Medieval Music History in Paris, France. Since then I’ve traveled all over the world, spent 2 years on a sailboat, and spent 18 months backpacking and living out of Airbnb’s.
Since 2014, I’ve worked in International travel specializing in North America, Mexico,
the Caribbean and Africa with an emphasis on LGBT+ and minority safety.
- Reason for joining
- I love to travel.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Paris. No explanation needed.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- There are a lot of boat owners who are looking for people to travel with them. You pay for your own food and activities but you usually get a private room and bath for a few hours of work/watch on the boat.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would go to Tanzania. Spend a week climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, another week on safari in the Serengeti and then wrap it up on the island of Zanzibar relaxing on the beach.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I rode a camel in Morocco to a desert camp, they were not as nice as I thought they were going to be.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I usually start packing 4/5 days before. It gives me enough to do laundry and place an Amazon order if needed.