Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meWhen I'm traveling I seek out cooking classes, live music, hikes and water. I love water in all forms - waterfalls, thermal baths, lakes and oceans. I'm a budget traveler, but will splurge on special activities and experiences.
As both my grandpa and dad were airline pilots, I'm lucky to have been traveling my entire life. At nine, our entire extended family flew to China to explore before flying home on my grandpa's final flight before retiring. At age 18, I took my first solo international flight to visit my family's foreign exchange student in Paris. It resulted in a great "standby travel" story that features me navigating Paris public transportation, sleeping in the Charles De Gaulle airport and then in a hotel in Madison, Wisconsin before finally making it home to Minnesota. Most recently, I spent 10 weeks in South America traveling through Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Chile.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Prague - I love the diversity of the architecture and everything I ate there was amazing.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- I just discovered packing cubes and they are the best thing in the world
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- EVERYWHERE! The next big place on my list is Japan to eat all the sushi and explore the mountains.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Hm, I don't know that I've taken a surprising mode of transportation, but I was pretty nervous on the sand buggy in the sand dunes.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Typically the night before or morning of my trip - I'm trying to get better about this though!