1 | Follower 1 | Event
About meBeen ambling and rambling around the planet for 50 years, early on as a tour operator and more latterly just for fun . . . having got shot of things like mortgages and dependent children, I can now afford it.
Being a former journalist my ego was big enough to believe that I should share my adventures with anyone willing (or silly enough) to listen. Hence my blog roadtripdreamer.com and an eBook called Great British Road Trips to be found at greatbritishroadtrips.co.uk.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Great Britain
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Don't take extra car rental insurance - collision damage waiver.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- The Appalachians. Probably because I've watch too many episodes of "Moonshiners".
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Riding pillion on a scooter "taxi" in Bangkok. Madness on wheels. Crazy. Exhilarating.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- About three days, but I can do it in less than an hour using a "grab sheet", a list of essentials developed over decades.