About meI am an avid solo traveler who likes to take my time when traveling. I am the type of traveler that will jump on an unplanned flight deal, but prefer the trips where I can take my time and really get to know the place. I love photography and can spend hours just wandering around a place taking pictures. The world is beautiful and I hope to one day get a chance to see it all!
- Reason for joining
- Because travelers are my kind of people!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Japan! It was 2004 and my first trip. I've been traveling ever since.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Flight deals are my specialty. My claim to fame being $375 round trip to Hong Kong. The key is to pack a carry on, and be open to where you want to go for the best deals.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I have spent a lot of time in South America and South East Asia, so if I had the time and money, I would love to start in South Africa and start heading north up the coast and end up in Kenya. I've mapped it out and it should take about 7 months!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I don't know if I've ever had a surprising mode of transport, but I once was stuck for 3 days on a train in Bolivia in the mountains as the tracks were flooded on one side, and there was a rock slide on the other.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Mentally I start packing about a month before hand, but actually packing I do the night before my trip. I backpack, so it is easy as there is limited space to work with.