1 | Follower 1 | Event
About meI live in Vancouver BC Canada and became smitten with travel when we went to Cambodia and Vietnam. It was such a shock for me as I'd never been off the North American continent and now the thought of not traveling to visit different cultures and meet people with different customs is so strange to me. While my day job is in the investment industry, I am also working with my colleague in Papua New Guinea and together we have established the first wholly Indigenous (yes I am Mohawk), locally owned led and operated tour operator on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea. We had just opened our digital doors and had a couple of treks arranged when Covid hit and while the track is still closed, we are working diligently behind the scenes, trying to make a difference in the lives of the people in the communities along the Track.
- Reason for joining
- I would like to join as I would like to be a part of the local travel and tourism community as well as part of the larger global community.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Try to book your trip(s) or tours directly with the local company - it's better for them and you.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Papua New Guinea. I have yet to meet my colleague Jesse (I know, long story) and would like to be able to be on our inaugural trek along the Kokoda Track once it reopens.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- My own two legs. I had no idea how much I would love trekking and I now plan every holiday around a trek, the longer and more challenging the better!.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- About 2 weeks.. pack .. unpack.. repack...