About meI have always had a wanderlust soul and DNA. Said YES to a spontaneous road trip proposal THEN asked the destination. Have had 3 international students from Spain, Turkey, and Thailand live with us in recent years After an adult stint of career & kids, resumed boon-docking and backpack budget travel often solo, in retirement.
- Reason for joining
- Would like to see what others do or recommend and perhaps network.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Family campin as a kid and A summer in UK & Europe.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- West coast inner passage sailing aboard the Alaskan Marine Highway and BC ferry systems.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Would visit our “sons” in Turkey and Thailand.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Train from Cairo to Valley of the Kings. Or the Alaskan Marine Highway system.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I keep a “go bag” always packed with a few hundred $ and essentials so I COULD leave in an hour. Generally tho I start a week or so ahead.
LocationShepherd and Buchanan Michigan