Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- It's a tie between South Africa and Ireland, but I'm going to say SA because it was the first country I got to visit and explore alone. I was a 15 yr old tot, the beauty of it and the kindness and free spirit of everyone I met left a mark on me.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- CouchSurfing, Workaway, HelpX, and WOOFing for more long term traveling and Couchsurfing and Hostels for shorter term traveling. Also, I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I hear Tuesdays are good days to book flights.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Mexico to see my family and Ireland because I'm simply in love with it there.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A friend dropped me off at the Giant's Causeway on her way to Belfast. I was so excited, I grabbed my umbrella and went straight for the trails. When it was time to leave I realized I forgot my purse, so I hitchhiked back and wound up on a stag party bus.