About meHi there ! I'm Elaine Marie. I was a nomad for over 10 years on and off and have lived in many cities in the US and Italia. I have dual citizenship with the US and Ireland, although I haven't been to Ireland yet but have the passport. I'm looking to move from the NYC area and need and want to connect with other US and international travelers. I also love dogs and the outdoors as well as glamorous and non glamorous cities and places. I've truly never met a stranger, although I surely have met strange ones ;D
- Reason for joining
- To connect with travelers and learn more from their experiences.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- The US first, and as my Father used to say 'See the United States first'. He was a submarine veteran, and our summer vacations were traveling to a different state every year for the conventions. Long story, but not enough space here :)
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Research on travel sites to see reviews of hosts and cities.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would travel the country of Ireland.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Nothing surprising, but my first train ride ever to NYC when I was 7 made me feel like I was in a movie.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends on how long and where the trip is !