14 | Events
About meBoomer currently based in south Florida after 30+ years in the NYC/NJ area and New England prior to that. Consider myself a lifetime Mainer. Have traveled around Europe, throughout Israel, been to mainland China and Taiwan. Also, took 7-8 months and circumnavigated the U.S., with the only common denominator being roughly 25 national parks and various national monuments. A true bucket list trip. Also have been to Costa Rica.
- Reason for joining
- Just because of my wife's and my general interests in travel both domestically and internationally
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Various have
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Not sure I have any; just go with the flow
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Around the world
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Cog railway
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Usually a few days before departure