About meNew York City born and raised, I started traveling when I was 14! Whether it's a day trip or I'm in it for the long haul (7 years in Japan!) I love, love, LOVE the chance to experience wonder through exploring. I lived overseas for most of my adult life (Japan, France, Spain and the Netherlands), and now I'm using New York as my launching pad for new adventures, both domestic and abroad. What's the most interesting breakfast you've ever had? Fish and miso soup... I love big, bold adventures (best zipline yet: Toro Verde in Puerto Rico) as well as noticing subtle moments - I always find time to write in my journal in a cafe and breath in a new place. What treasures can you find in the super market? What clues to a different way of life show up in street signs? There's nothing like watching a Tibetan monk show off his new pair of sneakers, or hiking Mt. Fuji with an 74 year old man who has made the trip weekly since retirement. Most of all, I love hearing from other travelers about their favorite experiences, and planning my next trip! I have extensive experience traveling in Europe and Asia, and I've got my eye set on South America next...
- Reason for joining
- I'm getting me excited about future travel - and I'm appreciating all my past adventures more! Connecting with the like-minded for inspiration.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I was 14 and visting family in France for the first time - I loved how simple things could be so different! Dipping bread in hot chocolate for breakfast!
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Free walking tours! And befriending other travelers on free-walking tours to brainstorm extra adventures with.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- India! It's been on my list for a while, and there are many different aspects that I'd like to discover.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I took a cart pulled by a donkey to Mt. Everest Base Camp...
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends on how far in advance the trip is planned! I've perfected my last-minute-adventure list, but pretty much the moment I book the flight, I start a pile of imporant items.
LocationNew York City