About meI am a 68 year old frequent traveler. Many of my trips have been short term volunteer stints in a number of different countries, followed by or preceded by another couple of weeks travel in the country. I was recently in the Peruvian Amazon with my family to meet my 28 year old daughter's birth family. My next trip is to Guatemala in February to participate in making a community mosaic mural. Other past trips have been to an Arab city in Israel to work at an art gallery, to France to work at a global music festival, to Ukraine to help clean up a neglected Jewish cemetery, to Romania and also to Thailand to work with kids. I also travel with my husband, and with our kids when they were younger. Some of our travels: Venezuela, Ecuador, Mexico, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Trinidad, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Cuba, the U.S. Southwest.
- Reason for joining
- I want to meet other like minded travelers
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I've loved to travel since I was a kid and went on car trips up and down the East Coast from Canada to Forida.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Be a flaneur, wander without a destination and expect the unexpected.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Madagascar - to see the giant hissing cockroaches!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Elephant or maybe camel
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- a month, with constant revisions