3 | Events
About meMy name is Joel Serot (Sir-Rot), and I am an high-energy, experienced solo backpacker, blogger and storyteller.
When I went out on my first solo trip, I was fascinated by the way budget backpacking seemed like a right of passage for most of the travelers I met. A tradition to create a unique travel experience, and share backpacker knowledge that is passed down from traveler to traveler over many years.
From the hostel dorm rooms, and the crowded pubs, to the group treks into the mountains, I learned something new every single day, from the people I met. I was inspired to bring all of the stories, tips, guides, and tricks together into one resource for backpackers to plan and prepare for better budget backpacking travel.
Its my goal to build a community of adventure seekers, connected together by the their passion to see more, do more, and share more, with with like-minded individuals from all over the world.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- My first budget backpacking trip was to Guatemala in the Summer of 2017. I quickly fell in love with being on the road and exploring new cultures.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Bring two pairs of locks with you. One for your locker, and one for when you get a private room that does not have a lock.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Nepal and trek in the Himalayas
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Probably the day before