About meI am a full time freelance writer who lived overseas for 35 years, mainly in Greece, Italy, India, and Bangladesh. Now I reside in Seattle, Washington. I have published novels, short stories, memoirs, and essays.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- All of them. I have lived in or visited around 50 countries. Maybe my favorite is Greece, where I lived for over 15 years and raised my family. I have written a memoir of my time in Greece called After the Rosy-Fingered Dawn.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Probably Greece. I lived there for over 15 years, and my five sons are half Greek.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Hitchhiking with locals in tribal lands in southwestern Pakistan over bumpy dirt roads in Toyota pickups. Or maybe riding a bus across trackless desert in the same area.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends on the trip - especially whether it's going to last a week, a month, or the rest of my life.