About meHello, fellow wanderlusters! I'm Jordan, and I'm a flashpacking, road-trip junkie with an insatiable appetite for the road less traveled. I've been to over fifty countries and all fifty states for some amazing off-the-beaten-path misadventures and super tasty libations. Follow my blog at GlobalDebauchery.com for awesome travel discounts, the latest and greatest travel updates, and quirky travel stories you can't get enough of!
- Reason for joining
- Because Erica is awesome.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I was born a military brat and moved to the US from the UK when I was two months old, so... one could say I was predisposed. But I think it was Belgium, the country I grew up and the place from which I started exploring much of Europe as a child.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Travel the shoulder season and/or up-and-coming destinations.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would do an around-the-world trip, tagging multiple random destinations I haven't visited yet. These would be places that don't seem to easily link up in a single itinerary, but that could create a worldwide circuit.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I'm not sure in what context you mean "surprising," but I'm a big fan of trains and the Bullet Train in Japan is simply a jaw-dropping piece of innovative technology.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends on the trip. If I'm headed to Alaska, I'll start piling random things together early so I don't forget them or so I can assess what I might still need. If it's a week in Europe, I might start packing the night before or same day.