About meIn 2018 I adopted the word "explore" as my word for the year and started to travel internationally after lots of domestic travel for work in years past. I began with attending the Iditarod in Alaska, some silent retreats a train ride away from home, and then Italy followed with a decision there to extend my trip to Athens for week when I got some unexpected extra time off. The next year I did some more silent retreating near home, Morocco and Paris, and the following year, Spain, returning to the US just before the plague shut things down. Camping trips here and there. My word is once again EXPLORE and I have another silent retreat set, then hope to go to Uruguay, Albania, Portugal next year [with flexibility to change up plans as conditions might suggest]. I'm a justice-seeker who loves art in all forms, especially street art, folk art, contemporary and conceptual art, theater, dance... I'm having fun with home stays and couch surfing and doing local meetups - I joined a community art project in Venice w/o speaking Italian! Mongolia is on my list, Panama, walking in Ireland, India, Sri Lanka, Romania, who knows where! Spin the globe!
- Reason for joining
- connect and share with the global community of travelers
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- New York City
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Everything on my credit card for points and pay that baby off every month. Couch surf, SERVAS, shared accommodations, public transportation, travel with 35L backpack only
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Antartica before its gone
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- dog sled
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- in my mind, all the time. Some stuff stays packed, ready to go. Otherwise, one or two days in advance.