About meHiiii I’m Kay! I’m a fiction author and by day I work in tech manufacturing! I travel slightly more than the average bear I suppose, fully utilizing all weekends and PTO to see the world!
I grew up in Los Angeles, California, but I came to Oregon for university and haven’t left yet! Aside from travel, I like video games and eating candy.
I also run the travel blog The Awkward Traveller! Along with silly mishap stories and travel guides, my blog also focuses on making travel more relatable, inclusive, and accessible to those wanting to travel by offering travel tips for communities who are frequently under-served and underrepresented in the travel community. And also uplifting local voices in interviews about their culture so that the audience may gain a deeper understanding of the region from a local's perspective. Yanno, all that fun interesting stuff!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I know it's not /technically/ officially it's own country, but honestly in my mind, it is. Hawai'i. It is the first place I had ever been that made me feel like it was home - and made me realize how much more I still have left to see.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Lol, budget?? Homie, just charge it and pay for it later. You're building *~* c r e d i t *~* (aka, get a 0% interest travel credit card)
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Space. Sign me up for the next shuttle launch.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Mmm, honestly, being hauled to shore by a life raft for twenty minutes....either that or dog sled
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Since I have a full-time (non-remote) job, I usually have to start planning at least a few months in advance - yanno, to request time off and whatnot.