17 | Events
About meHowdy! Nice to meet you fellow adventurer! My name is Katelyn and I am the Founder of Tales by Travel, I am also a passionate landscape photographer, writer and outdoor adventurer. Camping, hiking, cycling, hopping trains to the middle of nowhere and generally diving into new experiences is my approach to life. Exploring, learning and sharing how we can sustainably travel, live and work with nature is what drives me and the content I create. I believe as humans the key to a healthier, happier and balanced life is through living in harmony with nature and we need to rediscover that connection.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Iceland, everything about Iceland is magical. I fell in love with this incredible country, have travelled there twice and will do so many times again.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Before buying always look to see if someone online is offering a discount.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Norway, I am fascinated with Scandinavian history and culture, the stunning landscape and fjords, their passion for the outdoors and their way of life.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A rickshaw cart through the markets of India
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- The night before. Things like tickets, insurance and specific gear I will make sure to have in advance but everything else gets packed the night before.