1 | Event
About meI like to color outside the lines. The traditional lifestyle, american dream if you will, is the opposite of alluring to me. I prefer to experience the world, meet interesting humans, and live my life now, instead of waiting to see if I survive until retirement.
- Reason for joining
- I have been considering the nomadic lifestyle for 5 years, it's time to stop considering and start living.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I fell in love with Greece as a child. I loved the idea of water being part of cities, and the ocean being part of the community. The colors are so vibrant, even white shines with beauty. I have never pictured a more beautiful place.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Find a place that has a kitchen, shop at the local market, and make your own food. Bonus trip, try making the local food, you learn a new skill and still can enjoy the culture you're in.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would want to travel with Anthony Bourdain. I love how he experienced cultures through meals and conversations. If I had to choose one location, I would have loved to have traveled with him through the filming of the Congo episode of Parts Unknown.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Probably a tuk tuk in Chiang Mai. Quick & breezy, I kind of want to have them everywhere.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Actually packing, the day before. But mentally I am thinking about it about a week in advance. Also, once I pack, I generally unpack and pack again to rethink what I *actually* and try to pare down to essentials.