About meI was first bit by the travel bug on a college choir tour to Europe. I knew I had to see more of the world! I lived abroad twice, traveled to more than 25 countries, and worked as a professional Cast Member at Walt Disney World Resort and for an educational travel company, before having kids. Once they came, I knew I wanted to keep traveling as a family, to have experiences together and to show our kids the world. We have been doing so since my oldest was three months old. We moved overseas to England for a year when our kids were ages 4, 1 and 1. Now living back in New England, we travel as a family numerous times per year, as we believe having experiences together is the best gift we can give our children. In addition to the helpful posts here, I am also a freelance travel writer for the website TravelingMom, where you can find more of my tips. Traveling with kids is an adventure, and I hope to inspire you to enjoy the journey!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- London, England
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- When traveling with kids, remember it is a journey from door to door. Slow down, and just enjoy the journey.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Morocco, Poland, New Zealand, South Africa
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Maybe a tuk tuk or the safari van on the African safari (mainly because it was hours upon hours of bumpy driving) and a hot air balloon ride to enjoy breakfast in the Serengeti
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- It depends on the trip. If it is a very special bucket list trip, I start planning a month before. If it is a trip to Hawaii or Disney, it is usually a week before, and everything else is usually two days before.