About meBorn & raised in Michigan, New Yorker at heart. Adventure took ahold of my fate and led me to my [now] husband, who leads me around the world via U.S. Air Force. Being a military spouse has raised its challenges, but has taken me on some of the most incredible adventures in places I never thought I would step foot. We have lived in Italy, Las Vegas, and currently in South Korea before heading back stateside for another stop in Sin City. The travel opportunities near all of our temporary homes have been amazing.
With struggling to find work with moving abroad so frequently, I became certified as a personal trainer to appease my passion for fitness, and also started a blog. My blog focuses on military spouse travel, as well as how to stay fit and healthy while traveling. Prior to this "drifter life", I managed events in New York City. Although stressful, it was the most exhilarating time of my life, and full of exciting stories. Nowadays, I find any excuse possible to make it back to the Big Apple.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- When debating to eat out, go for drinks, or spend money on unnecessary entertainment, I try to decide whether I want that experience or to put that money towards travel. Travel always wins.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I just spent a week in Thailand and it was not long enough. I would go back and explore more. Or just everywhere in Europe. Europe is simply amazing.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Beer rafting on a raft of logs in Germany
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- About a week in advance