2 | Events
About meTraveling was the catalyst that opened up my mind and heart to all the beautiful communities and customs across the globe. Connecting with people from different backgrounds and experiences excites me as much as biting into a mouth-watering slice of pizza from Di Fara's in Brooklyn. I am motivated by food, passionate about sharing experiences with others, and always up for a game of cards!
- Reason for joining
- I want to join to meet other like minded, travel enthusiasts that want to connect and share stories or advice.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Lima, Peru. When I was 19, I joined a month-long study abroad program to Peru. The topic of the course was ecology, but all I remember is dancing salsa late at night, eating fresh ceviche and having long discussions in beautiful gardens.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Check multiple applications for aggregating flights before settling on an option. Buy flights on a Tuesday, around 50-60 days out for the best price.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I am dying to see Petra in Jordan. In all my travels, I have never visited the Middle East but I want to see the historic sites and connect with communities for myself that are often ignored or misrepresented in our media.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Flying in a tiny, four-seater plane through the ice-capped mountains of Otago on my way to Milford Sound in New Zealand.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- All I need is one hour. I have my method down to a T.