Featured Member BadgeA Nomadic Network Star!
Marielena Smith, founder of Epic 7 Travel, is an award-winning adventure travel photographer, conservationist, writer, and scuba diver who empowers explorers to Live the Unforgettable. She transports travelers with her visual storytelling, including wildlife, landscape, underwater and aerial imagery from 70 countries on all seven continents. She is also a photo workshop leader who helps people craft captivating imagery with San Francisco based workshops and international tours. See her work at www.epic7travel.com
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Use the Chase Sapphire Reserve card to accumulate triple points on travel that you can use for free airplane tickets
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Antarctica - it's the destination that inspired me to pivot from my medical device marketing career to travel photography, writing and conservation as a result of the pristine landscapes and jaw-dropping wildlife displays
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Helicopters to land at a remote penguin colony in Snow Hill, Antarctica
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- 2 weeks before