6 | Events
About meIn 2106 my husband and I sold our Denver home and quit our corporate jobs with a goal to travel the world for a year. Our adventure began in London. As we embraced global housesitting, we just kept going! Slow traveled over 30 countries, did a Camino pilgrimage through Portugal and Spain, volunteer taught English immersion in Poland and the Czech Republic, and so much more - making international friends along the way. After four years, we returned to The States to housesit. Covid cancellations drove us to park for a time and rent a condo in Naples, Florida. :)
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- San Franciso, CA (domestically) and Siem Riep, Cambodia (Internationally)
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Carry a pair of children's scissors
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Anywhere . . . since I haven't been to Africa, I'll say Tanzania for a Safari! Would love to see animals in the wild in their natural habitats (instead of the zoo!)
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Long tail boat in Thailand!
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends . . . however since my husband and I spent 4.5 years as nomads, packing is a non-issue!