About meWe’re Mike and Anne Howard, two Americans that realized life is short, the world is big, and the value of travel too great to wait another day. So when it came time for our honeymoon, we decided to sell our stuff and embark on a trip around the world. We left on January 22, 2012 and are still on The World’s Longest Honeymoon. Using Anne’s background as a magazine editor and Mike’s as a digital media strategist and photographer, we started our couples travel blog to share our seven-continent journey and inspire more people to follow their far-flung dreams. HoneyTrek has grown to be a leading travel blog with over 330,000 followers and has received acclaim from 100s of media outlets—from USA Today to Lonely Planet. National Geographic took notice of our crazy journey and asked us to write their first book on couples adventure travel, "Ultimate Journeys for Two." We’re proud to say it’s a best-seller and published in four languages. To write our newest book and explore our own continent, we bought a vintage camper (aka Buddy) and set out on a two-year, nine-country, 73,000-mile quest to find the best glamping experiences in North America. The result is "Comfortably Wild," a coffee table book and the first glamping travel guide. As full-time nomads and travel journalists, we are always on the hunt for off-the-track destinations, uncommon adventures, and the human stories that make each place so special.
- Reason for joining
- The beauty of travel is in the people you meet and we love that The Nomadic Network is bringing us all together
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Housesit to live like a local for free
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- The moon
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A banana truck
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- An hour in advance
LocationThe Open Road