About meI have been working as a hospitality marketing professional over the past 15 years, with a focus on influencer relations since 2013. I currently serve as an Influencer Expert for the Wanderful community, as well as a Media Network Lead for the Impact Travel Alliance. My course, Mastering the Influencer + Brand Collaboration Lifecycle, just launched and I'm offering influencer coaching services as well. Previously, I served as Director of Communications + PR for Hostelling International USA. During that time, I co-founded the Study Abroad & Global Citizenship Influencer Summit, an invite-only event with its roots at the White House and attended by top influencers in travel. My work with influencers also landed me speaking roles at the United Nations, the National Press Club, and SXSW 2020.
- Reason for joining
- I wanted to be connected with other likeminded travelers, passionate about travel
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- My first backpacking trip was after college with 3 friends. Our first stop was Paris and that's all I needed to get the bug!
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Cook your own meals really cuts down on costs so you can spend more money on the fun stuff.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Greece, it's been a long time bucket list destination for the beauty, food, and history.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I spent 3 months in Hawaii and hitch hiking was way more common than you might think. I once got picked up by an off-duty clown headed to the dump and road in the flat bed of his truck.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A week - a like to start organizing leading up to the trip.