1 | Event
About meI'm hoping to travel around the world some day (that was supposed to be this year until CoVID)
My dream location is Raja Ampat, Indonesia. I am a huge marine biology nerd and have studied the ocean my whole life. Diving in Raja Ampat is a dream that I will make a reality in the near(est possible) future.
My plan is to travel through Europe, including Southern France, Northern Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, etc, etc. all the way to Greece (with maybe a side trip to see some Romanian and Ukranian friends)... but I like to travel spontaneously.
I would also really like to dive the Red Sea, and travel through Northern Africa.
Australia is high on my list, and spending a few months there is really enticing to me. As a scuba diver the GBR is a must. And is anything in the Coral triangle (Philippines, Indonesia, Papua, Papua New Gineau, Solomon Islands, Timor).
I am most anxious to travel for mainly because of my ocean obsession, but this anxiety is catalyzed by one major issue: climate change. The reefs I have always dreamed of seeing will not look the same as they do now, and the timeline is a constantly shifting target. Coral reefs are in real danger of being wiped off the face of Earth, and I don't want to miss seeing them in their full beauty (most especially Raja Ampat).
- Reason for joining
- I want to learn as much as I can about traveling during a RTW trip, but also stay updated with the community during the pandemic.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Not any one city or country, just road tripping the U.S. without a schedule a few times throughout my life.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Raja Ampat, because the scuba diving is the best in the world
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- The night before I fly/drive