1 | Following 7 | Events
About meOriginally from Philadelphia, I've lived abroad for almost 5 years in total. My first time living abroad, a 6-month internship in Beijing, changed my life forever. Since then, my experiences abroad have defined my life, my career path, and everything in between more so than my education.
I'd always known I wanted to go abroad from a young age. I'd always had a knack for languages. I hosted a world music radio show in college, and I was a fan of foreign films. Some might say I was destined to become a travel blogger. Although I've been sidetracked, mostly a result of conventional "societal expectations" I'm now back on track and making my dream come true. I'm now starting to take blogging very seriously, and intend to make this my full-time career. Bloggers like nomadic Matt have shown us that such a profession is possible in this day and age, and that serves as inspiration for me to take the leap.
Ironically, though, this decision comes in 2020, the year the world stood still. But for as much as we've been forced to stay put this year, I think, at least for me personally, it's been a year of extensive self-growth. And if it got me to the point where I am fully confident in what I want to do with my life, then it was all worth it.
- Reason for joining
- I've learned more from traveling than any of my formal education. My life's purpose is to inspire.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- couchsurfing! - although I don't recommend it anymore.. not safe. Hostels/airbnb are worth the expense.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I'd like to stay in Mexico for a bit longer.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Surprising? I've used basically all of them. High-speed trains in China are pretty incredible though. They make domestic travel incredibly convenient.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I start thinking about it for, say, a week, and then I pack it all the day before.