About meI've worked in the travel industry for the past 10+ years, first as a tour guide & tour leader, then as an advocate for tour guides and guide education, most recently as the Guide Success Manager at Intrepid Urban Adventures.
I'm a community-junkie and am a co-founder of NextGenTravel, a networking group that fosters innovation in travel by bringing together a diverse group of people from across the industry.
Sustainable & Responsible Travel is super important to me and I make sure that on any trip I take (for work or pleasure), the majority of my money stays in the local economy. I'm happy to miss the main sites to hang out at a local cafe or park.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Traveling off-season & using Hopper to track flight prices.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Hanoi, Vietnam. It's my favorite place on earth & was the first 'exotic' place I've ever been. I was lucky to spend a lot of time there working with local colleagues and so now I feel very comfortable there which I also love.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A tiny 'ape' (Italian truck with 2 wheels in back & 1 in front). My B&B host picked me & my friend up in it but it would only fit one of us at a time + 1 luggage in the trunk so he had to make 2 trips.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I pack morning of (if I have a night flight) but I usually write out my entire packing list a few days before.