About meOriginally from Colombia, Nikki is a journalist and editor based in New York City. Previously, Nikki was the Travel Editor for The Infatuation, Atlas Obscura, and Culture Trip. Currently, she is the Founding Editor of Unearth Women, a digital and print magazine celebrating travel and women’s stories.
In its first year, Unearth Women magazine was sold in over 800 Barnes & Noble locations and independent bookstores worldwide. Nikki has appeared on CNN, The New York Times, Good Morning America, Vogue Spain, and Travel + Leisure for her work with Unearth Women. Nikki is now working on her first book with Penguin Random House’. In addition, Nikki has spoken at The Women's Travel Fest, Women in Travel Summit, and The New York Times Travel Show as an expert on women's travel.
As a freelance journalist, Nikki has written for VICE, The Huffington Post, FOOD & WINE, Roads & Kingdoms, Zagat, and more. In her free time, Nikki is currently studying creative writing at the NYU School of Professional Studies.
- Reason for joining
- I am hosting an event in February!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Travel on off-days
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Right now, I'd love to go back to Paris.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Tuk Tuk
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Depends on the trip. For international trips, a few days ahead of time. For short local trips, sometimes the day before or day of.