About meI fell in love with traveling when I first immigrated to the US from the Philippines when I was 5. That punch-drunk, jet-lagged feeling I felt when I got off the plane and saw the Chicago skyline for the first time is the exact feeling I try to re-create every time I travel. It could be an 18hr flight to Sydney or a 3-hour drive to the middle-of-nowhere Nevada. I am easily and elatedly amused.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Chicago. See above.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Book things ahead of time. Nothing worse than booking last minute and paying triple the cost!
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Africa. It's been on my list since I was in college and feel the need to go soon.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Donkey up to Santorini.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Ideally 2 weeks but really more like 2-3 days before.