8 | Events
About meHi! I’m Pylin, a coach, tea enthusiast, and almost-a-world-traveler-until-covid-hit...literally quit my job in March 2020, and was about to go on a solo world backpacking trip in April 2020, thus grounded for now. So instead, I've pivoted to start my virtual coaching business where I help people create their best lives through Science-Based Life and Leadership coaching.
I'm originally from Thailand and am fluent in Thai, so if anyone needs help with that, reach out! Currently living in Canada (Vancouver, back after 10 years in Ontario), I have also lived and/or worked in France and the US, and traveled through 30 countries so far.
Before my soon-to-be location independent life, I was a consultant in leadership assessment and development, led people analytics in large organizations, and conducted PhD-level research on cultural psychology and emotion regulation.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I literally cannot pinpoint to one as it's been in my blood since I was a kid. My parents took me to the US from Thailand when I was 5-6 years old, and I returned to attend an international school, so I always grew up with people from different cultures.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Buy groceries and cook your own food or eat pre-made stuff from grocery stores all day and splurge on all-you-can-eat buffets for dinner lol
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Antarctica because it's so expensive to get there but I heard such amazing things, and let's also assume I won't get sea sick through the Drake Passage (I was seasick in the Galapagos Islands and Costa Rica and those were rough)
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Nothing exciting, but I did WWOOFing on a farm in France once and we had to help the farmers move bales of hay and we had to drive a stick shift and it was brutal thank god there's no traffic on the farm lol.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- At least a month it takes me forever to pack for a trip!!!