About meHey! My name is Rachel Keeler. I absolutely LOVE people, culture, travel, food, music, dance, sports, humanitarian work, and having a great time :) I grew up traveling and fell in love with it. When I was a kid, I wanted the superpower of being able to speak every language and I had the dream of becoming first woman to travel to all 195 countries (sadly, that was accomplished by someone else when I was 15). But I have had the amazing opportunity to travel to 27 countries and I don't ever plan on stopping! My husband and I just moved to Sydney in January and I can't wait to see what Australia has to offer! This officially marks my sixth continent. I am a content creator & journalist and I am currently working on producing stories about people's and cultures for humanitarian groups and other organizations who are striving to make a positive impact. I'm excited to be a part of TNN! Can't wait to meet everyone :)
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Washington DC
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Pick flights that aren’t on weekends, and are during tourist off season. There usually aren’t many tourists and cheaper flights during those times :)
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would go to Thailand. I’ve traveled to 27 countries (Im 25 years old) and that’s the one place left from my childhood bucket list! I have a huge bucket list now, but that was one of the first countries I learned about as a kid.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Well, I lived in Peru for two years and riding in combis most every day makes any other transportation normal. Combis are small van, but Peruvians will pack in there and bring along chickens, goats, heaps of firewood, you name it
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I think about it a lot but I always leave it until two nights or the night before