About meHi! I'm Rachel. I'm a storyteller. I've lived in Rome, Italy for the past ten years but I'm originally from Asheville, NC. I wear three different professional hats. First, I work as a tour guide in the city where I lead people on day trips around Rome. Second, I coordinate yoga and wellness retreats and work as a trip planner throughout Italy. Third, I work part-time as a yoga and meditation teacher (in Rome and online all over the world!). I adore the intersection of wellness and tourism and deeply believe in slow travel that allows people to truly return home to themselves. Also, I'm a little bit obsessed with Italy.
- Reason for joining
- I want to be part of an inspiring travel community as travel incorporates into our lives again!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Buenos Aires, where I studied abroad in college. Living with people from all over the world expanded my worldview and vision and I've been hooked ever since.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- High/low. I like to over-indulge and splurge on food and experiences and book budget accommodation and then flip the script and book gorgeous hotels but save on everything else. Also: book ahead. I rarely do but it's a great hack!!
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Safari in Kenya or Botswana to see leopards in the wild. Or Galapagos Islands. Or Silk Road and Central Asia.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I start thinking about packing a few days before. I normally lay stuff out a day or so before, and then I often pack right before the trip (depending on where/for how long).