About meWill work for food and adventure!
A vagabond for hire, I have gone to work at the ends of the earth (and a few places in between).
Mickey Mouse was my boss.
I sold tea towels with Kate and William's faces for the royal wedding at Westminster Abbey.
I monitored seagrass levels in the Philippines while eating my bodyweight in mangos.
I caught baby crocodiles on tours of the Panama Canal (and no I didn't keep them!).
Now I get paid to stare at the clouds and launch giant balloons in the Arctic and Antarctica while dreaming of where I can explore next.
You can find my not-at-all chronological blog of travel stories at byfootbyfork.com
Want to use bite-sized habits to make big-time changes in your health and fitness? You can be living your glory days and adventuring well into old age! Find out more at GetFitByFork.com or follow me on social media.
- Reason for joining
- I feel like an odd duck among most people, but turns out NM has a whole community just like me!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Florida....the first place I travelled to at the tender age of 6. You could fly and end up somewhere WARM? Amazing!
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Paying to stay somewhere is a scam! Just kidding, but by housesitting, interning, workaway-ing, couchsurfing, Warmshowers-ing....you get to travel on a budget and you meet the locals!
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- The moon, I feel like it would be worth it just for the view!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- An LC-130 Hercules....it's a military transport plane....with skis! Just what you need to land at the South Pole.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I feel like I am already packed!