1 | Follower 4 | Events
About meFood and cooking has been a part of everything I do in one way or another.
I initially learned to cook with my mother at a young age, and from that came my passion for food which has only grown stronger and more defined over the years. I spent my late teens and early 20s learning from chefs in Seattle. Needing a break for the intensity of restaurant kitchens I moved to Hawaii in 2013 to work on a farm and ground myself (literally). Less than a year later I found myself starting to cook more and more for my farm “family” and I realized how much I missed the kitchen. So in 2014, I moved to Maui and since then I have been part of a hotel restaurant, reaching people who visit from all over the world. I had planned to embark on a 2 year journey around the world in early June 2020 and launch We Travel to cook with my mother and great friend Cathy Fulton. And then Covid happend. I am keeping this dream alive but on pause for the time living in Corpus Christi, Texas with my mother, brainstorming ways we can pivot our plans.
- Reason for joining
- I would like to connect with local travellers in Texas.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Cook your own food for most meals
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Bhutan because it's beautiful and self sustainable.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- 2 weeks