7 | Events
About meHello! I am Rebecca the Creator of Veggies Abroad, a vegan travel blog. I have been a vegetarian for over two decades and a vegan for a few years. Obviously, I love to travel and in 2020, during quarantine, I did a lot of thinking about what I want to do when I grow up! My 9 - 5 job is in fundraising, and while I am happy to be able to help the community here there is more I want to do personally. So, I started a travel blog. It was really born from my love of travel and also the question I get asked after every trip, "what in the world did you eat!" Aside from being vegan, I am gluten free and sensitive to a slew of things so people assume once I leave my house starvation must occur. Through my blog, I really wanted to show people all the amazing vegan food the world has to offer, and yes, I did eat!
You can find my blog at www.veggiesabroad.com and on Instagram @veggiesabroad
- Reason for joining
- I want to grow my network within the travel blogging industry and also learn from others experiences.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Germany in the 9th grade
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- If you have some flexibility, check multiple dates and if you're visiting multiple cities, change the order around. Sometimes flying into a smaller city can be more expensive than a larger one with more flights, like for example Paris.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would start in Egypt with a trip down the Nile then explore all of Africa including a stay at the Giraffe Manor in Kenya
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I start planning/ordering certain things I need at least 2 weeks out and start packing a week before. I'm not a last minute kinda gal :)