About meI just discovered this web site and I have chosen to affiliate with the New York City "chapter" because it seems to be the only city with any actual member(s) - - self-appointed leader, Erica. I actually live in southern Indiana near Louisville, Kentucky. Hello, Erica. (My wife and) I would generally be labeled early adopters for many things, including making extensive travel plan (before and) during (and after) the dreadful lockdowns of the pandemic. We have traveled a great deal between May 2020 and January 2021 (involving roundtrip commercial flights to the West Coast six times - - CA, OR and AK, plus auto travel three times to NC). We anticipate similar domestic travel for the next six months (although perhaps more inbound travel from our grown children and us gong to see them somewhat less). We are becoming increasingly impatient to plan overseas travel for fall of 2021 and the first half of 2022. We are eager to expand on our four decades of travel in 5 of 6 continents, including our 2018 RTW experience(s). We used the "circle and a half" strategy to great advantage with Emirates and SkyTeam (Feb: [first half of EK roundtrip tkt] US => DXB (Dubai) => KIX (Osaka); separate tkts KIX => ICN (Seoul) for Winter Olympics; ICN => NRT (Tokyo) / initiated SkyTeam RTW tkts with NRT => LAX => home / resumed RTW in Oct: home => ARN (Stockholm); ARN => LED (St Petersburg); LED => SVO (Moscow); SVO => PVG (Shanghai); PVG => HKG (Hong Kong); HKG => TPE (Taipei); TPE => KIX to close our RTW trip / used second half of return EK tkt KIX => DXB; DXB => US' separate tkt home).
Now eager to see how SkyTeam opens its RTW program back up. Web page still exists but no more "world-graphic-planner" page; requires submitting a proposed itinerary and wait three days for a reply,
What are your 2021-2022 plans, Erica? anyone else?
- Reason for joining
- I gave a lot of info in my first posting. Have I already been approved?
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- United States, France; Italy in 1969 and earlier
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Gites (France)
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- International private jet; Space (unlikely to ever get there); everywhere else is in reach (no interest in N Korea)
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Four seater aircraft (to Lake Victoria)
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- All of the above